Hey friends! Sorry it’s been awhile. I know, I know, I promised myself that I was going to write more. Then I realized I started this blog right as our Foundations of Medicine final exam was looming. Fear struck my heart, and I hit the books (anki decks) hard, and I’m pleased to say I came out the other side alive. So here we are two weeks later… on SPRING BREAK! Yee-haw! Besides the fact that everything is covered in eight inches of snow (the South just has no idea how to cope with that white fluffy stuff), I am loving every bit of it.
With my newfound oceans of time, I made nachos – which doesn’t require oceans of time, only a mere commercial break in your netflix viewing. I was a virgin nacho-assembler before this, because I mistakenly thought that layering crispy chips and gooey cheese was difficult. If you’re like me and have never tried, DO IT. You will pat yourself on the back, snap a few instagram pics of your creation (because if you don’t, it didn’t happen), and then swear you’re making them every week for the rest of your life. There’s really no recipe for making these nachos, I just threw things I already had in my fridge on a tray and shoved them in my tiny toaster oven. Five minutes later…. ooey, gooey, crispy nachos! But if you need some hints, below is how I accomplished this.
1. Spread a single layer of tortilla chips on a foil-lined tray.
2. Lovingly spread shredded pepper jack over the layer of chips. The more, the gooier.
3. Next, arrange your toppings of choice as the next layer. I used sliced mini bell peppers and lots of jalapeños. Add another layer of chips and cheese if you’re feeling hangry (always).
4. Pop it in your oven (or toaster oven) for 5 min/until cheese is gooey and chips are toasty.
5. Top with chopped cilantro, slices of avocado, a squeeze of lime, and a thorough dousing of sriracha.
6. Gaze out your window at the frigid tundra and laugh in the face of nature, because we live in the 21st century, kids, and you have central heating and spicy nachos. Enjoy!
p.s. I know this isn’t a food blog, but every now and then I’ll toss in a few food posts just for funsies. Stay warm, buds!